Monday, December 6, 2010

Important Announcements


Hello Loafers fans! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. As a fan of the DJ Loafs, I often wonder what else besides this shrine of a blog is being done to honor these sexy players. Today, I found my answer. Someone in BECA is making a documentary of the LOAFS!!! YES!!! I cannot reveal just yet who is making it, but the information will be disclosed in coming posts. Excited? I know I am! But alas, I have one more important announcement for the day.

It comes with great sadness but also great anticipation that the Loafers have decided to change their name. No longer will people ponder, "Who is Don Johnson?" or "Loafer? Like the shoe?". Yes, like the shoe. According to an anonymous team member, the Loafers have decided to switch things up, and with good reason. They have had the same name for two seasons, the first of which started with the Alex Herter cabinet. However, Alex and other former Loafers have graduated from State, and the team feels it is time to move on and carry the torch with a bright new group of players and a fresh name.

1 comment:

  1. Okay.. so I'm intrigued...

    Who is Don Johnson?
    A) Chargers Defensive line coach probably not...
    B) Miami Vice original... I'm guessing yes- but was he a loafer wearer? Really- I don't recall..
    C) All of the above.

    I'm going with option B

    So my guess would be that the "Loafers" is a social group consisting of some of your old friends from High school... and the mascot for your team then was a giant 6 foot tall loafer that closely resembled Don Johnson footwear...? lol

    ReplyDelete